A Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is a pass issued to the family members of the Singapore Citizens, PR and Employment Pass or S Pass holders such as common-law spouse, step-children, handicapped children, and parents. The LTVP is valid for the same period as the validity of the main pass. The government also offers a Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) scheme for foreign spouses of Singapore citizens or Singapore PRs.
The LTVP scheme allows the holders to stay in Singapore for up to 2 years without having to apply for a separate Singapore visa or worrying about renewing a short-term visit pass. Whereas the LTVP+ scheme offers greater certainty to stay here for up to 3 years which upon renewal can extend for up to 5 years.
2. Employment Opportunities & Healthcare Benefits
Under the LTVP+ scheme, the pass holders are even eligible to work in Singapore upon receiving the Letter Of Consent (LOC) from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). And are even entitled to healthcare benefits.
For pass holders, To be eligible to sponsor your family members you must:
- Hold an Employment Pass or an S Pass.
- Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000.
- Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company.
The family members that can be sponsored are:
- Spouse or foreign spouse.
- Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old.
- Unmarried step-children under 21 years old.
- For pass holders, Parents; qualifiable for those earning a minimum fixed monthly salary of $12,000.
Additionally, the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) also allows you to apply for an LTVP if you are:
- A visitor holding foreign-issued educational degrees and searching for a job in Singapore.
- A visitor who is a student of a higher learning educational institute and is looking for a job in Singapore.
- A female visitor whose child/grandchild is studying in Singapore on a student’s pass.
- A visitor whose child (over the age of 21 years old) is a Singapore PR or Singapore citizen.
- A visitor (under the age of 21 years old) whose parent is a Singapore PR or a Singapore citizen.
- A visitor who is seeking permission to deliver a child in Singapore.
- A visitor who is looking for a long-term stay.